Here are some tips to increase your metabolic rate:
- Snack smart: Eating more often can help you lose weight. When you eat large meals with long gaps in between, your metabolism slows down. Having small meals or snacks every every 3-4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of the day.
- Take plenty of proteins at every meal (as per recommended allowance).
- Do High-intensity interval training (HIIT): It involves quick and very intense bursts of activity. It can help you burn more fat by increasing your metabolic rate, even after your workout has finished.
- Stand up more often and use stairs whenever possible.
- Take green tea: It helps in maintaining weight loss.
- Drink plenty of water: It increases the metabolism temporarily and reduces food intake.
- Get a good night sleep: Deprivation of sleep is a major risk factor for obesity. Sound sleep reduces the hormones which promote obesity.
Incorporating these tips into your routine can increase your metabolism and help you lose weight and keep it off while giving more energy.
But you need to be careful. Just don’t be over enthusiastic and start following any diet plan blindly. Your diet plan should be individualized based on your body composition analysis and any other health related issues if you are suffering from. Don’t follow the crash diet plans overzealously as they don’t give lasting results and even the things may go wrong if not planned scientifically.